Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Number 93- Check

I’ve officially learned a new recipe, which was the 93rd item on my 101 Things to Do in 1,001 Days!

We’re low on groceries around the house, and I was desperately searching for a recipe that only used ingredients that I had around the kitchen because I DID NOT want to go to the grocery store. Oh how I hate to go buy groceries for just an item or two!

Anyway…I found this recipe at FoodNetwork.Com.

Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf


You may click on the picture above to be taken to the direct link for the recipe for a printable version of it. However, I’m going to share the recipe just like it is on the website.

Ingredients:
1 lb ground chuck
10 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
1 (8 oz.) package sharp Cheddar, grated
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 tablespoons prepared mustard
1/3 cup ketchup
1 (3 oz) can French fried onions

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a large bowl, combine the ground chuck and the next 8 ingredients, mixing well.
In a small bowl, combine the ketchup and mustard. Stir 1/4 cup ketchup mixture into meat mixture, reserving remaining ketchup mixture.

Press meat mixture into a 9 x 5 x 3 inch loaf pan, or shape into a loaf and place on a rack in a broiler pan. Spread remaining ketchup mixture over loaf. Bake 40 minutes. Top with French fried onions; bake another 10 to 15 minutes, or until meat is no longer pink.

My Notes
For the bacon, I cheated a bit and cooked the bacon in the microwave. Then, I chopped it in my mini-food chopper. It’s too hard to do any other way when you’re in a hurry.

For the cheese, I cheated here, too. I didn’t have the exact amount of one kind of cheese, so I mixed two kinds that were just about the same {mild and sharp}. Still tasted good!
………………………………………………………………………………….
As a matter of fact, I told another teacher about it at school. She made it for her family times three. Even her picky-eater daughter ate it! It’s definitely worth a try.

It’s way better than regular, old meatloaf!

3 comments:

  1. That sounds so yummy! Congrats on checking something off your list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'll bet colby loved that! looks like tim's dream dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I might have to try that! I love EASY!

    ReplyDelete