Sunday, January 19, 2014

Baby, It’s Cold Outside

IMG_6315

That was the theme for my sister’s baby shower. When I was trying to come up with a theme for the shower, all I knew was that I wanted something related to the weather. Thanks to Pinterest, I found “Baby, It’s Cold Outside.” All I had to do then was pray that it would actually be cold on the day of the shower. When you’re depending on Alabama weather, it can be freezing one day and in the 70s the next.

IMG_6321

The decor was simple, but I think it was a nice touch. On the tables, I used a piece of wood that Colby had cut for me, mason jars with baby’s breath, pine cones, and mini tart pans with candles.

IMG_6310

Who knew I could fit four card tables in my living room?

IMG_6336

IMG_6341

The cake was absolutely amazing! It was gorgeous and delicious!

IMG_6367

The menu was all that you could wish for if you wanted to have a sugar high…

Hot chocolate with any possible topping you can imagine

Chocolate chip cheesecake dip

Vanilla wafers

Every variety of donut holes

Brownies

Cheese squares

Chocolate malt balls

Chex mix

IMG_6430

In the end, I think it was a terrific shower. The mommy-to-be got lots of things she needed before Baby Isabella arrives in just a few weeks.

IMG_6470

IMG_6489

IMG_6462

Can’t wait until she finally gets here and gets to sport her new things!

3 comments:

  1. So sweet, and your party looked precious. Your sister is lucky to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how cute! Love that shower theme, it's different but perfect for a winter baby! Great job, sis ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will you share where you got the invitations?

    ReplyDelete