Sunday, March 29, 2015

A Paint Tip

 

I’m the world’s worst painter. That’s not really good for someone who LOVES painting furniture and changing wall colors every other week.

When my husband painted the big boy bedroom for me, he left me to do the trim. It was looking dingy and gross, so I knew I had to do something about it. Free handing it was not an option.

That’s where the packing tape, Frog painting tape, an angled brush, white paint, and a paint scraper came in.

IMG_9582

Here’s what to do…

  1. Trim the top part of the trim with the green Frog painting tape. You can use the blue, but after lots of experiences I have found that the Frog tape is THE BEST!
  2. Then, use the cheap packing tape {like the $1 kind} to put as close as possible to the edge of the wall on the carpet.
  3. Use the paint scraper to tuck in the tape tightly to the edge of the wall.
  4. Then, paint without having to worry about getting paint on the carpet or on the fresh paint job.

When the paint is dry, just remove the tape, and you have nicely, trimmed out baseboards and door frames.

IMG_9595

No comments:

Post a Comment